2012 Academic Excellence Day (Univ. Campus) Photo Gallery
Academic Excellence Day is a day set aside for the celebration of student achievement. The university community joins together to highlight and acclaim students’ accomplishments and academic excellence. The day concludes with an award recognition ceremony held on the main campus.
Session I: Directed Study
Moderator: Dr. Tammy Zacchilli
- Anella Garness, Joshua Levos, Aixa Marcial, and Andree Garnier, Cultural and Gender Differences in Perceptions of Homosexual and Heterosexual Couples.
- Kristine Bauknight, The Relationship Between the Big 5, Connectedness, and Acceptability of Social Networking Between Faculty and Students.
- Catherine Tallant, Cheralyn Barrington, and Carson Holton, Will they grow out of it? The Prominence of Cyberbullying in College.
- Christopher Collier, John Brazil, Folarinle Fasida, and Christina Merrigan, Cyberbullying: A Study of Parental Awareness.
- Rachel Menger and Briana Vila, Effects of Racial/Ethnic Origin and Cheating Behavior on Relationship Variables.
- Adaixa Padron, Rachel Menger, and Tara Baseil, Effects of Perceived Sexual Experience on Perceptions of Maturity.
- Amanda Danielovich and Christine Storz, Spatial Ability: The Effects of Gender and Sexual Orientation on Spatial Performance.
- Ashley Jean-Baptiste, and Alanna Marrero, The Influence of Personality and Attachment on Relationship Satisfaction in Same Versus Interracial Relationships.
Session II: Senior Research Projects
Moderator: Dr. Kevin Kieffer
- Anella Garness, The Effect of Family Structure and Parental Support on Academic Performance and Social Behavior.
- Kritti Batra, The Effects of Relationship Type and Gender on the Prediction of the Quality, Emotional Stability, and the Commitment in the Relationship.
- Folarinle Fasida, The Effect of Parental Involvement and Parental Sexual Communication on Alcohol Use.
- Austin Healey, The Effect of Audio Frequency on Audiovisual Synchrony Perception Thresholds.
- Christine Storz, The Perceptions of Individuals Toward Those with Mental Illness.
- Jennifer Cook, The Effect of Optimism, Self-Esteem, Self-Efficacy, and Sex on Procrastination in a University Student Sample.
- Mickela Engelsen, A Prediction of Different Effects on Students Psychological Sense of Community.
- Julio Cid-Altamira, The Effects of Similarity, Proximity, and Social Media on Friendship Formation.
Session III: Senior Seminar Superstars ad PSY 455 Presentations
Moderators: Dr. Shannon Farris & Dr. Bruce Wertheimer
- Mickela Engelsen, William James.
- Adaixa Padron, Tara Baseil, and Krista Miles, Positive Psychology.
- Joshua Levos, Applied Psychology.
- Kristine Bauknight, Kelly Norris, and Meghan McCue, Behaviorism.
- Laila Cintron and Sustin Healey, PSY 445 Assessment of the Learning Outcomes in the Psychology Major at Saint Leo University and Construction of a Residential Needs & Assessment Survey for the Department of HUD of Pasco County.
Description adapted from SLU.
- Advice from Seniors…Folarinle (Flo) Fasida (Univ. Campus, Class of 2012) (saintleoinkblot.com)
- A Look at the Graduating Class of 2012: Adaixa Padron (Univ. Campus) (saintleoinkblot.com)
- A Look at the Graduating Class of 2012: Mikela Engelsen (Univ. Campus) (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Advice from Seniors…Aixa Marcial (Univ. Campus, Class of 2012) (saintleoinkblot.com)
- A Look at the Graduating Class of 2012: Cheralyn Barrington (Univ. Campus) (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Dr. Tammy Zacchilli Earns the Distinguished Publications Award (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Dr. Shannon Farris featured in Military Advanced Education Journal (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Two Free Webinars May 22 & 24: How to use Turnitin.com and Other Online Resources. Register Today! (saintleoinkblot.com)
- 30-Minute Webcast Series with Dr. Farris 4/12 1pm EST (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Dr. Farris’ eCOACH Webinar Series & Psychology Blog on PRWeb (saintleoinkblot.com)
Posted on May 21, 2012, in fBLOT (faculty), sBLOT (student) and tagged Academic Excellence Day 2012, Adaixa Padron, Aixa Marcial, Alanna Marrero, Andree Garnier, Anella Garness, Applied Psychology, Ashley Jean-Baptiste, Austin Healey, Behavorism, Briana Vila, Carson Holton, Catherine Tallant, Cheralyn Barrington, Christina Merrigan, Christine Storz, Christopher Collier, Directed Study, Dr. Tammy Zacchilli, Faculty, Folarinle Fasida, Graduation, Jennifer Cook, John Brazil, Joseph Cubria Farris, Joshua Levos, Julio Cid-Altamira, Kristine Bauknight, Kritti Batra, Laila Cintron, Mickela Engelsen, Online, Online Psychology Degree, photos, PicPokitPics, Positive psychology, PSY 405, PSY 445, PSY 499, Psychology, Psychology Majors, psychology online degree, Rachel Menger, saint leo, Saint Leo inkblot, Saint Leo pictures, Saint Leo University, Saint Leo University Graduation Pictures, Saint Leo University psychology, Saint Leo University psychology blog, Saint Leo University students, saintleo, saintleo graduation pictures, saintleo university, saintleoinkblot, saintleoinkblot.com, Senior Research Projects, Senior Seminar, Seniors, Shannon Farris, Students, Tara Baseil, University Campus, William James. Bookmark the permalink. 30 Comments.