If you are currently working as an adjunct, check out The Adjunct Project.
From the website:
Two-thirds of the faculty standing in front of college classrooms each day aren’t full-time or permanent professors. But getting information about the salaries of this army of adjuncts and about their campus working conditions has been difficult. This site, which is intended to pull together that information and make it publicly available, represents the evolution of a simple spreadsheet created in 2012 by Joshua Boldt, a composition instructor in Athens, Ga.
Operation Fallen Angels: A Human Trafficking Simulation with Drs. Fermin De La Torre & Shannon Farris, Mar. 2nd, 2-6pm ET. Live streaming and Q & A available.
Sponsored by Chesapeake Education Center, Chesapeake, VA
Criminal justice graduate students, military personnel, Norfolk Police Department and Savannah Education Center (virtually).
All disciplines welcome!
For more information contact:
Dr. Fermin De La Torre, associate professor of criminal justice.
- Criminal Justice Program to Live Stream Incident Command Simulation Lab. (blog.online.saintleo.edu)
- Operation Fallen Angels: A Human Trafficking Simulation with Drs. Fermin De La Torre & Shannon Farris, Mar. 2nd 12-6pm ET. Live feed and Q & A available. (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Operation Fallen Angels: A Human Trafficking Simulation with Drs. Fermin De La Torre & Shannon Farris, Mar. 2nd 12-6pm ET. Live streaming and Q & A available. (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Dr. Farris Presents in Turnitin’s 30-Minute International Webcast: Grading the Top 100 Student Sources, Feb. 7, 2013 (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Asst. Professor Jalika Waugh to present “CSIs Verify: Using the Scientific Approach to Investigate Crime” at the Savannah Education Center, Jan. 29th 4-6pm ET (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Recording of Dr. Farris in Turnitin’s 30-Minute International Webcast: Grading the Top 100 Student Sources, Feb. 7, 2013 (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Gianna Russo’s Poetry Reading at the Savannah Education Center, Feb. 19th 4-5pm ET. Open to the Public! Live feed available. (saintleoinkblot.com)
In an advice column published over at the Chronicle, William Pannapacker explores the somewhat puritanical approach that many professors have in their job.
“Behind every suggestion that academics are not working as hard as we should be—expressed in countless op-eds and speeches—is an argument for more cuts to education: the elimination of tenure-track positions, more accountability measures, and the closing of entire departments. The recession has intensified the resentment many people feel toward professors who appear to have job security, good benefits, and relatively high incomes. Hardly anyone seems to know that most college teachers are adjuncts and that graduate students have none of those privileges. Our scholarly projects are met with incredulity that anyone could have paid for them. (more…)
Psychology faculty, Gloria Howell and Dr. Tammy Zacchilli recently presented at the Department of Defense Worldwide Education Symposium in Las Vegas. This is the most-attended conference focused on military education with over 2,600 attendees from the military, civilian and contract personnel, and officials from over 250 colleges, universities, as well as educational organizations and industries that support higher education. (more…)
Do you understand journal articles? Need help with APA or MLA formatting? What makes an effective PowerPoint or Prezi presentation? What’s the best way to use Turnitin and other online resources?ANSWER: As seen on Good Morning America’s Yahoo! NEWS and many other media sources, Dr. Shannon Farris presents eCOACH Online Learning webinar series.
“Using Turnitin & Other Online Resources”