To be a successful online student, take advantage of academic resources early in your college career.
We all know what happened to the two little pigs who built their houses out of straw and sticks.
One puff from the big, bad wolf and “poof.”
We also know that the third little pig built his house out of bricks.
He understood that a solid foundation would enable him to prevail when the wolf came knocking on his door. So he took a proactive approach. Even though it cost him more time and energy upfront, he believed the investment was worth it.
Be proactive: take advantage of academic resources.
The same principle applies to academic success. Build a firm foundation right from the start, and you’ll be able to withstand the winds of rigorous courses and stand triumphant, degree in hand.
Do that by taking advantage of academic resources early in your college career.
For example, before your first paper is due, do you know the best way to conduct research online? How to tackle one of those intimidatingly long and complex scholarly journals? Or how you can use Turnitin to help sharpen your paraphrasing, quoting, and stylistic skills?
To enable Saint Leo University students to answer “yes” to those questions, psychology faculty member Dr. Shannon Farris created eCOACH Online Learning.
- Two Webcasts for Students and Faculty this Week! Feb. 19 & 20 (Basic) Using Turnitin and Other Online Resources & (Advanced) APA Writing. Register Today! (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Recording of Dr. Farris in Turnitin’s 30-Minute International Webcast: Grading the Top 100 Student Sources, Feb. 7, 2013 (saintleoinkblot.com)
- APA Webinar tonight (8pm ET), Feb. 13 “(Basic) APA Writing.” With tCOACH, Anella Garness. Register Today! (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Two Webinars for Students and Faculty this Week! Jan. 15 & 17 (Advanced) Writing Article Reviews & (Basic) APA Writing. Register Today! (saintleoinkblot.com)
- eCOACH Webinar Friday 1/11(Basic) Writing Skills and PowerPoint & Prezi Presentations. Register Now! (saintleoinkblot.com)